DESTINI Estimator 2017 1.0 is so rich with added functionality that we couldn’t cover all 20+ features in our first preview webinar. We asked Beck Technology’s Chief Technical Officer Michael Boren to hold a second demo to walk through a few more of the product’s features.
In this second preview webinar and in this second blog post, Michael explained the platform’s completely redesigned, enhanced 2D takeoff functionality, including context-driven 2D takeoff functions that make it faster and easier to create and edit takeoff items.
With this new version launching soon, users can now:
- Set estimate data during the takeoff of line items and assemblies. All database and estimate specific WBS properties can be predefined and adjusted during takeoff.
- Use user-defined estimate metrics – such as gross building area or cladding area – for quantification of line items in the estimate. Modification of these high-level metrics will result in changes to the estimate. This live connection between the project metrics and the estimate provides simple model-level parametric estimating.
- Quickly sketch, zoom in and out, and move around the 2D model instantly, in real time, with no lags.
- Select one or more objects in the 2D model, and easily move, copy, rotate, or mirror them horizontally or vertically.
- Use a smaller takeoff palette that lets users easily view and organize takeoff items. Users can set up an unlimited number of properties – such as building type or component type – and sort the palette items into those folders, making it easier to find the items they need.
- Create and tie a custom formula to any property, so that its value changes as other data within the estimate change. For example, for “carpet tile,” users can create a formula that instantly calculates the waste factor, number of cases, and cost required to cover the areas of the 2D model where carpet tile is sketched.
- Apply formulas to cost properties, such as a zip code multiplier that accounts for geographic cost variations.
- Use advanced, intuitive copy and paste functionality that not only copies a line item, but all of its associated WBS properties.
- Create custom fees for specific items and criteria.
Additionally during this second webinar, participants were able to ask direct questions related to their firms and the technology.
If you’d like to learn more about the flexible, intelligent estimating capabilities of DESTINI Estimator 2017 1.0, contact us.