Beck Technology, Ltd. announces the release of the latest version of DESTINI Profiler (DProfiler™), its flagship macro level Building Information Modeling (BIM) software. DESTINI Profiler integrates 3D modeling, cost estimating, energy analysis, site topography and sequencing.
Beck Technology prides itself on collaborating with industry leaders to provide the best Macro BIM resource. The latest version of DESTINI Profiler has incorporated ideas from current software users, needs of the design/build industry and innovative functionality that continues to support an integrated industry approach to projects.
“We are excited to be able to provide our current and future software users with a product that can assist them in winning projects,” said Stewart Carroll, Chief Operating Officer of Beck Technology. “One of our great assets is being able to listen to the architects, contractors and owners we work with and utilize their feedback in DESTINI Profiler that is specifically made to help companies stand out from their competition. We are revolutionizing the built environment by visualizing a better process and then we make that visualization come true through our technology.”
A high level list of features that will be included in DESTINI Profiler 2013 1.0 are:
- New DESTINI Profiler Database: More intelligent out of the box database with model reactive systems such as MEP, façade, interior spaces and more.
- Distance function: Allows components in the model to react to other components in the model. For example, a component can change its price based on the distance between two buildings.
- Property function: Allows components to be able to query the properties of other components and make decisions based on those values. For example, a component can make changes to itself based on the area of a building.
- SumProperty function: Like the Property function, this allows a component to gather information about a number of related objects. For instance, a floor object would know the number of air changes that each room on it needs and then calculate a CFM requirement automatically.
- Stack rooms: Enables users to more effectively use blocking and stacking of rooms which is very useful for projects driven from an interior program.
- Create Mass From Rooms: Allows users to create a massing with floors directly from stacked rooms with a couple of mouse clicks.
- Polyline Offset Face Command: Allows users to create new geometry by insetting or offsetting from another existing component face. This is very helpful for creating fences, parapet walls, and mechanical screens.
- Revamped DESTINI Profiler Help: The help function has moved to the web and allows the user to configure any amount of custom help documentation.
- Runoff Map Representation: Shows the high and low points on a site, represented by coloring the site from green to blue, respectively.
- Place and arrange from corral to model: Provides the ability to select multiple rooms in corral to add to the spatial view using the new Place and Arrange in Model action in corral view’s context menu.
- Building Type: We have added a new parametric property for all components that contains the name of the last building type applied to the component. This allows components to price themselves based on the type of building they are in and react on the fly if the type changes. This provides great support for mixed use facilities.
- Grading Optimization: Minimizes cut and fill by matching the original topography elevation whenever possible. There is also a new representation called Extreme Grading which graphically shows the areas of the site that exceed the maximum grade which is ideal for identifying retaining wall locations, new Site 3D Settings options and component Site 3D Properties which can be used to make the model smarter about the decisions it makes.
- Custom Line Item WBS Properties: Creates any amount of additional information preferred for the line items in the associated database and model. This could be anything from an image of the item, to all of the different ways to classify that item, to hyperlinks to webpages which talk about that item or even dates or colors that represent additional information for that item. One way these WBS Properties can be used is to represent the amount of carbon a particular item embodies which would then allow a display of the total carbon footprint of a project in real time.
- Wizards: Allows the user to set up a customized wizard that automates DESTINI Profiler operations. The ability to create a custom wizard allows the user to automate a large number or tasks within DESTINI Profiler. For example, a wizard could be created which reads an interior program for a theater and automatically creates the theater project, including the site components like parking.
- Extended Properties in Formulas: Provides the ability to reference a model component’s extended properties in all formulas used within that component which means that a user can add and take advantage of any custom information that is tied to a DESTINI Profiler model component.
- Dynamic Uniqueness in Estimate View: This prevents the doubling up of line items in the estimate view. DESTINI Profiler will group line items that have the same information based on the columns present in the estimate view.
- Internationalization: DESTINI Profiler can now fully display in almost any language.
- Cad Unit Selection on Import: This allows the user to set the unit of a CAD import.
- Custom Line Item State Colors: New fields in Preferences which allows users to set line item colors that are associated with the Normal, Modified, and Removed states of a line item.